Where the baptismal font is blessed on this day, the following preparations are made:
1. AT THE FONT OR IN THE BAPTISTRY.
Be sure the font has been thoroughly cleaned and refilled with fresh clean water.
(1) A table with a clean white linen cloth upon which are placed the following things:
(2) Oil stocks containing Holy Chrism and Oil of Catechumens.
(3) Holy water pot (empty) with sprinkler.
(4) Violet stole.
(5) Missal upon lectern.
(6) Pitcher of water, basin, towel, small pieces of bread and lemon.
(7) A large vessel for preserving baptismal water.
2. IN THE SACRISTY.
(1) The Vestments for the Ceremonies before Mass:
a) The color: Violet.
b) For the celebrant: chasuble, stole, maniple, cincture, alb, amice.
For the deacon: folded chasuble, deacon's stole, maniple, cincture, alb, amice.
For the subdeacon: same as for the deacon, except no stole.
(2) The Vestments for the Mass following the Ceremonies at the Font:
a) The color: Red.
b) Otherwise the same vestments as worn at a Solemn Mass.
(3) Acolytes' candlesticks with lighted candles.
(4) Thurible with lighted charcoal and incense boat.
(5) Torches for altar boys.
3. PREPARATION IN THE SANCTUARY
A. THE ALTAR (BEFORE THE MASS).
(1) Purple tabernacle veil and antependium.
(2) No flowers, etc.
(3) Missal on stand.
B. ON THE ALTAR FOR MASS.
(1) Red tabernacle veil and antependium.
(2) Candles lighted.
(3) Flowers, etc.
C. ON OR AT THE CREDENCE TABLE.
The usual preparations for Solemn Mass. The veiled chalice is covered
with red humeral veil over which a violet one is draped.
(2) The paschal candle (without candlestick).
(3) Processional cross.
(4) A lectern with Book of Prophecies (where used). Otherwise, a Missal.
(5) Purple cushions-during the Litanies.
D. ON THE SEDILIA.
The Violet Cope (if Font is to be blessed).
NOTE: Arrangements in small churches are to be made as far as circumstances permit.
Notice: Undefined variable: lang in /home/stjohns/apps/sanctamissa/live/en/sacristy/handbook-for-sacristan/handbook-for-sacristan-54.html on line 154
Warning: include(/home/stjohns/apps/sanctamissa/live//footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stjohns/apps/sanctamissa/live/en/sacristy/handbook-for-sacristan/handbook-for-sacristan-54.html on line 154
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/stjohns/apps/sanctamissa/live//footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/stjohns/apps/sanctamissa/live/en/sacristy/handbook-for-sacristan/handbook-for-sacristan-54.html on line 154