a) Preparations for the Blessing of the Palms and for the Procession.
1. IN THE SACRISTY
(1) The violet vestments are prepared in the same manner as for Ash Wednesday.
(2) Acolytes' candlesticks.
(3) Altar boys’ torches (where customary).
2. ON THE ALTAR
(1) The Cross is veiled in violet.
(2) Violet tabernacle veil and antependium.
(3) Palms and olive branches may adorn the altar.
(4) Six lighted high candles.
(5) Missal open on stand at epistle side.
(6) The three altar cards may be upon altar or may be placed there before Mass.
3. IN THE SANCTUARY AT A CONVENIENT PLACE.
(1) Palms to be blessed are arranged near epistle side of altar.
Processional cross, if procession takes place. The cross is covered
with a purple veil. A Purple ribbon of sufficient length to tie a
branch of palm to the cross should be provided handy for use.
(3) Three lecterns on the gospel side for the chanting of the "Passion" (where sung).
(4) Holy water pot and sprinkler.
(5) Thurible with lighted charcoal and incense boat.
(6) Water-basin, towel, lemon and bread.
b) Preparations for the Mass.
1. ON THE SEDILIA.
(1) Celebrant’s violet chasuble.
(2) Maniples for celebrant, deacon and subdeacon.
2. ON THE ALTAR.
(1) Same arrangements as for the Blessing of the Palms.
(2) Altar cards.
3. ON THE CREDENCE TABLE.
Everything is prepared as usual for Solemn Mass. The veiled chalice is
covered with violet humeral veil, upon which the burse is placed.
(2) Violet broad stole (where used).
THE VESTMENTS FOR CHANTERS OF THE “PASSION." If three Priests other
than the celebrant and his assistants of the Mass, or clerics who have
been ordained deacons, chant the "Passion" their vestments, which are
prepared in the sacristy, are as follows: Amices; Albs; Cinctures;
Violet Deacons' Stoles; Violet Maniples for each.
If the Mass is a “Missa Cantata” or “Low Mass” on Palm Sunday. In this
case the arrangements for the Blessing of the Palms are the same as
before indicated with the exception that the vestments for the deacon
and subdeacon and the chanters of the passion are omitted. Two or six
candles will be lighted as required.