The ashes to be blessed and distributed are usually prepared from blessed Palms preserved from the preceding year.
a) Things to be prepared for the Blessing of the Ashes.
1. IN THE SACRISTY.
(1) Vestments for the celebrant: Cope, stole, cincture, alb, amice.
(2) Vestments for the deacon: Folded violet chasuble, deacon's stole, cincture, alb, amice.
(3) Vestments for the subdeacon: Folded violet chasuble, cincture, alb, amice.
(4) Thurible with lighted charcoal, incense boat.
2. ON THE ALTAR.
(1) Six lighted high candles.
(2) Violet tabernacle veil and violet antependium.
(3) Missal on stand.
(4) No adornments.
3. IN THE SANCTUARY AT A CONVENIENT PLACE.
(1) Ashes to be blessed on tray at epistle side of altar.
(2) Holy water pot and sprinkler.
Water-basin and towel. A few slices of lemon and small squares of bread
for removing ashes from the priest's fingers. (Perhaps placed best on
b) Preparations for the Mass.
1. ON THE SEDILIA.
(1) Violet chasuble for celebrant.
(2) Three maniples for celebrant, deacon and subdeacon.
2. ON THE ALTAR.
(1) All as above indicated for the Blessing of the Ashes.
(2) The three altar cards are placed upon altar before beginning of Mass.
3. ON THE CREDENCE TABLE.
(1) Usual preparations for Mass.
(2) A broad stole.
For a Low Mass. The arrangements in this case are the same as above
with the usual preparation for one priest as regards vestments and
lighted candles on altar.
: include(/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
: include(): Failed opening '/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in