The Forty-Hours' Devotion begins with High Mass. The following preparations are to be made as far as circumstances permit:
I. IN THE SACRISTY.
The vestments are arranged for Mass accordingly, whether it be a "Missa
Cantata" or a "Solemn Mass".
(2) Two thuribles are prepared with two incense boats.
(3) Acolytes' candlesticks with lighted candles.
(4) Altar boys' torches.
2. IN THE SANCTUARY.
a) On the Altar.
At least twenty wax candles excluding the six large wax candles. But
for the beginning of Mass only the six large candles are lighted.
(2) Antependium and tabernacle veil must be white.
(3) A corporal upon the throne.
(4) If there are reliquaries and statues on altar, they should be removed, or covered with rich or white hangings.
(5) Other preparations as usual.
(6) The missal on stand open at proper place.
(7) The three altar cards.
(8) The bell on step or on credence table.
(9) Three copies of booklet containing the ceremonies for the Forty-Hours'.
b) On the Credence Table.
(1) Wine and water cruets filled.
(2) Finger bowl and towel.
(3) Communion paten.
The veiled chalice with two large hosts upon the paten covered with the
white humeral veil, over which is placed the burse. (If not a Solemn
Mass veiled chalice is on the altar.)
(5) Monstrance covered with a white veil.
c) In a Convenient Place.
(1) White cope and stole.
(2) Processional cross.
(3) Processional canopy (also called "Baldacchino").
(4) Candles for those who participate in procession.
(5) Several prie-dieus (kneeling benches).
d) Side Altar for reservation of the Blessed Sacrament during the time of the Forty-Hours' devotion.
is not permitted to say Mass at the altar of Exposition during the
Forty-Hours' devotion, unless there be no other altar. Therefore a side
altar should be prepared, at which the Blessed Sacrament may be
reserved during the time of Exposition and upon which Mass may likewise
be said. This altar should be prepared as the solemnity of the Mass
requires. A sanctuary lamp must be kept continually burning before this
altar. Bells are not to be rung at Masses said during the Exposition.
: include(/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
: include(): Failed opening '/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in